Sunday, 3 May 2015

Post SAT Happiness?

Well hello there, it's been a while, I would apologise but there is really no one to apologise to (so funny Emma). I've recently just finished the SAT, let me just say that the SAT is the most useless exam that I have taken. I get that you have to take it to get into an American university, but it's 2015 how is knowing perfect grammar and words that you will never learn show the university you're a good fit for them. The system is messed up, I'm sorry that I'm ranting but that is just personally what I think about the SAT. I also find it strange how they force international students to take the SATs, we come from a different education background and the college board expects us to do as great as kids in america, it's absolutely ridiculous.


I'm sorry for the rant, but I just had to vent. This is just an update post on what I have been doing lately. I have had quite the uneventful month filled with exams and fatty foods. On the bright side summer is only in 7 weeks, which is quite exciting. I'll be in Bangkok, London, Boston and New York City this summer and you don't even know how excited I am. I'm looking forward to see my family back in Bangkok since I don't live there anymore (I live in singapore now), and I'm very very excited to explore London, Boston and New York this summer. The only reason why I'm going to Boston and New York is to look at universities, and the topic of universities has been the core of most of the topics anyone around me talks about these days. I don't mind it really I like talking about the future it's exciting especially if it's about uni. before heading to the bustling city of London I will be with my half brother for a bit since I rarely see him and it would be nice to get to explore places outside of london. It's a shame that I'm not applying to any universities in the UK, but I know I've made up my mind and the US has been my goal for years.

Other than my plans for the future I have felt a lot less stressed lately, which is an amazing feeling. Since I have finished my SATs I won't have to worry about it again until the next school year, which will be my senior year! its scary how fast time is going I remember when I became a freshmen in high school I never thought the day would come.

Well thats all for today, I'm going to try to update this blog a little more, even though its "hell term" defined by the students at my school which is during term 3 of the first year of IB. Wish me luck!

- EK

No comments:

Post a Comment